Friday, July 24, 2009

Gravity...


It seems to me that life never really allows you to forget your place. I have moments when I'm literally caught off guard by my reality. Did you know that I am disabled!?! I swear to God sometimes I forget. I occasionally need to remind myself that there are people in the world who do not live like I do.


For example:

Some people get out of bed whenever they feel like it

Some people use their bathtub as a place for solitude

Some woman get men who want them just for their bodies

Some people get to hug first

Some people can pee without a schedule

Some people can get in a car and go



Don't get me wrong! I love my life. I think I'm good at it. Yet I can't help but wonder what all that freedom feels like...

1 comment:

becca said...

I'll take a stab at describing it for you as best (and as only) *I* can!

Getting out of bed whenever you feel like it would mean the alarm clock is broken AND both kids are neither hungry nor laying around in their own excrement. It's been a while...gimme a sec...I almost have it...nope. I forget what that feels like. I do know it's way more comfortable than being wedged between the bed and the desk!

I have also not had a private bath or shower in quite a while, BUT it turns out that once you're accustomed to doing it in groups, it's really quite lonely when it's just you in there. I think that's why most people are inclined to sing.

As for women who get men who want them just for their bodies...I believe those are professionals in a career that is currently illegal in this country. As for the non-professionals to whom I believe you are referring, well, the men who want them aren't exactly at the top of the barrel (or food chain).

Hugging first is one of those things that is hit-or-miss, really. It absolutely SUCKS to dive in for a hug only to find out the pool is empty.

Peeing without a schedule (or without having to hire someone on a schedule for it) also means you can go for quite a while without peeing and not even realize it. Like that time in 3rd grade when we had our Christmas music show and I was standing in the front row...

Getting in the car and going...well jeeze the more I think about it the more you're basically living the life of a mom with small children. Which now has me considering the possibility of filing for disability for myself, but has me even more excited about the fact that YOU should just go ahead and have some children! Seriously, it wouldn't be THAT different from your life now.

;)