Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things I Carry with Me from Dolly Songs: Part One


"It's just one emotion after another. They will dress themselves as angels and thieves. They will make you believe you're in heaven, then they drag you through hell on your knees"


"Marching, marching, onward searching out the light of truth. I did not start the war, but it's a battle I can't lose"


"These northern nights are dreary, and my southern heart is weary. These smokey mountain memories keep me strong"


"Somehow my heart never grew up. No one ever burst my balloon. So here I am swirling in stardust slow dancing with the moon"


"I'll love you to sleep at night. Wake you with a kiss. Things that I can't do I swear you won't miss"


"Someday when I'm over you, and when I think I'm able to, I might try to be your friend again. But I don't want to see your face till then"


"When it's family, they're a mirror of the worst and best in you"



"I am like a crippled bird in hopes one day to fly again"


"When a flower grows wild it can always survive. Wild flowers don't care where they grow"

1 comment:

Ana Miguel Sousa said...

Hello, I came across by clicking "next blog" at the top of my own.
Nice, interesting and very informative post, thanks for sharing.
Keep up with the good work
Ana Miguel (Portugal)