Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Double Trouble....

Yesterday when I got to work I was having a terrible toothache/headache. So, as I began typing my tooth cracked in half. Oh Joy! I left work at noon and ran to see my dentist. Apparently, I had a VERY dangerous infection in two of my teeth. I had to have an emergency DOUBLE root canal. Yes, that's right folks... Two at Once! I also couldn't be put under because of my low blood pressure. It was so not fun. I cried. A lot....

I went home and slept off the pain killers. And now I'm at work, trying to be useful as I'm all drugged up. I feel bruised and beaten. I wish I could go back to bed.

Vicodin is my friend.......

5 comments:

Steph said...

my honey lamb...i'm so sorry...i hope you feel better and Vicodin is wonderful!! :) love you!!

Anonymous said...

OH, MANDY! So sorry for your pain! One root canal is bad enough, but a double!!! UGH...yes, Vicodin is VERY, VERY good! Hope you feel better really soon...
Love
Aunt Karen

Gail said...

Oh Mandy, Ouch. I know that couldn't have been fun at all. I pray you heal fast. I am sorry i didn't get to see you or Heidi this trip. :( It went so fast. I leave on the train tomorrow-19 hours.....Yuck. I also need a root canal. I am so not looking forward to it. Aunt Barb just had one too. I'll be prayin Girly. Love, Aunt Gail...ps I love Vicodin

Anonymous said...

So sorry to here about your teeth that's just not fair. Get better soon.

Barb K said...

Hey, Mandy,
Boo to twin root canals! I assume you are only part way through the process, and who ever thought up this barbaric technique of drilling way into the root of a tooth and yanking out the nerve? Can we say "sadist"?
And as for the vicodin salute, I did not get any prescribed when I had my root canal. Sounds like I was robbed. Hope you feel better.

Love you, Aunt Barb