Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Big Sister...


Have you ever been so blessed to know someone that it knocks you off your feet sometimes? That's Heidi Marie Miller for me. There are actually moments when I'm so thankful for this girl that tears well up in my eyes.
From the moment I was born, she's been my protector. This sweet, soft spoken lady has been fierce as a tiger when needed. Yet, she's so unimaginably gentle...
She has loved me more unconditionally than any other person in my life. She brings balance to my stormy nature and adores me despite all my huge flaws. She sees my ugly spots and she still keeps me.
Needing people gets old really fast. Sometimes I just want to melt away. Those are the times my Heidi steps in and does something to make me feel powerful again. She's been restoring my sense of self for as long as I can remember.
My sister and I compliment each other perfectly. I hold the lantern, and she chops the wood! It's so much more than how I know it looks on the outside. The dutiful big sister, and her needy crippled baby sister.... That's just not our story. We're a pair. A Ying & Yang. She needs me as much as I need her. I swear we were supposed to be conjoined twins, but God made me wait 5 years to be born. We are one heart functioning in to bodies. It's beautiful really. More people should experience this type of relationship.


Heidi,

I love you bigger than my biggest words. I thank God for making you. You are strong. You are beautiful. I will always stay standing tall. How do I know? Because you are my SISTER!

Mandy

6 comments:

becca said...

Three cheers for Heidi!

That sister of yours sure is something else. I hardly know her and I simply adore her. She's got the greatest little smile...where I can't quite tell if she's amused or thinking of something mischievous. And talk about sparkling eyes!

I would totally stalk her…you know, if I was a stalker.

;)
becca

Barb K said...

Both of you, awesome young women! Love and prayers, Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. Makes me wish I had a sister. God bless you both.

Kim said...

Thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

You guys are lucky do have each other....Both great gals who really do compliment each other....And I love and miss you both!

Anonymous said...

Oh...And that is probably the best, beautifully-written, description of Heidi there could ever be!