Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love, Cupid, and all that Crap...

Today is Valentine's Day. A day for everyone to celebrate the love that they are in. If you are in love, then I'm very happy for you and the joy that you feel on this day.

For the rest of us, this holiday is like Jewish folks at Christmas time.

So please excuse me if I don't gush poetic. I was told today that I "must be bitter because no one loves me on Valentine's Day". As if this holiday isn't already a kick in the teeth to all single people. Now those who are happily in relationships feel compelled to stomp on you while you're down.

Call me crazy, but I'm usually pretty happy on my own. I like knowing I'm complete all on my own. Does that make me wrong? Am I sick because I don't do well in a "we"? I guess so...

So this post I dedicate to all my single friends. I'll never use some bogus cliche like " the right person is out there. Just hang in there". Instead I'll say this one thing. "May you know yourself. May you love yourself enough to be solid on your own. If the right person comes your way, I hope you are happy enough with yourself that you're ready for it."

3 comments:

Barb K said...

Hey, Mandy,
For the record, I love you. It is a good time to think of all kinds of love relationships, not just the gushy couply ones. So there you go. I love you.

Aunt Barb

Gail said...

Me too Mandy.....love, Aunt Gail

Kim said...

I am in a happy relationship now, but was single for so many years. I always celebrated Valentines by celebrating all of those that I loved--not necessarily in a romantic way. I am so proud of you! You are confident, proud, and amazing. :)