Wednesday, March 05, 2008

This Week...

Ever notice how things always come at you when you're most vulnerable? I knew this week was going to be difficult because of Laurie. I also felt for Steph because March 2 is her father's birthday. Talk about a double dose of OUCH!
What I didn't expect was the series of unfortunate events that lead me up to this emotional weekend...
Last Sunday my wheelchair died. In my effort to get help, I fell out of my chair and injured my knees. I've spent the whole week stuck in bed with ice packs and ace bandages on my legs. I need to setup an appointment for X-rays. My wheelchair repair group doesn't take my insurance, so I had to borrow $3,000.00 from my dad. Anyone who knows me at all, knows how much I hate needing his help...
Very few things can actually wound my spirit anymore. However, the devil seems to know exactly which buttons to push. Being weakened and "extra crippled" has really damaged my spirit. I feel like things are stacking up against me. It also reminds me of how much a person can actually indure.
For now I'm in retreat mode. Like resting and rebooting may be my best option. I'll talk to you all later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
Hang in there you are a very smart, strong, and ambitious person. You will overcome these small obstacles.

Gail said...

MANDY, DON'T LET THE STUPID DEVIL GET INTO YOUR HEAD. YOUR DAD SHOULD BE THERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT. DON'T FEEL GUILTY!!! I HOPE YOUR KNEES GET BETTER AND YOUR WHEELCHAIR GETS FIXED SOON!!! I LOVE YA. A. GAIL. THINK BACK TO THE GOOD TIMES :0)

Anonymous said...

You deserve so much credit for trying to keep a positive attitude. Please know that people who read your blog are praying for you "extra" much right now.