Wednesday, October 11, 2006

SoulFeast 2006

I can't describe how much my heart needed this getaway. What an awesome thing to be reminded of your true identity. I am a child of God. The creator of all things calls me "family". Such an amazing gift. I was reminded yet again, that He is all I'll ever need. I forget that sometimes, and become lost in my own longings. God spoke to me this weekend and he calmed an unsteady soul.
In celebration of my rejuvenated commitment to Christ, I was baptized on Saturday night. In true Fairy Princess Fashion, I was "dunked" in the hotel's hot tub! How great is that?!?
My beautiful sister cradled me as I went under the warm water. I was surrounded by loving friends. I died with Christ, and was raised to walk in new life with Him... I will forever be altered by this weekend with the ladies of Willow.

4 comments:

Gail said...

MANDY, NOW THAT SOUNDED GREAT. I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE TO SEE. I LOVE YOU AND THANKS FOR FIXING MY BLOG. LOVE YOU WOMS...A. GAIL

Jackie R. said...

very cool! congrats - thanks for sharing about this experience.

Anonymous said...

I had an amazing time with you and the girls. It was such an honor to be part of for your baptism. I can't wait to see you again :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Baptism. That is so wonderful!! And I am glad you had another awesome experience at Soul Feast...I always get so filled up on that retreat. Too bad I wasn't able to go this year...I am sure there will be many others.

I am so happy for you Mandy.