Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Nature of Blogland...

It is my belief that blogging can bring out the best and the worst in people. It's because of the nameless, faceless nature of the thing. Sure, you see pictures and you know people in a general way... but here in blogland you can show any side of your self you choose. It's important to remember that you're only seeing what the writer is showing you. For example, If you know me from blogging you know these things:



I'm poetic
I'm broken
I'm a fighter
I love my dog
I love my family & friends
I aspire to bigger things
I've experienced great loss
I worship God and a good cup of coffee
I have an odd sense of humor
I struggle with depression
I'm in a wheelchair
I used to be fat
I value my privacy
I am a Diva
But that is only a small part of who I am. I am a survivor. I am brave. I am direct. I am unemployed. I am tired. I am occasionally heart broken. I am hopeful. I am so many things that stitch me together. I don't mind listing my "I am's" . When they are all strung together in a thread it's really quite beautiful. But I would genuinely hate it if you spent too long looking at just one element. Please remember that I am all those things.
There has been some hostility circulating in blogland these days. I'm honestly not sure what brought it on. But I'd like to say this in all honesty. Both of you are dear to me. I wouldn't wish pain on either of you. Please lay your anger to rest. It doesn't help anyone. All that we have is the present, and today things are looking up. When you blog again (which I hope you both do soon), I'd like to see more of yourselves in your writing. I know, and love you because of who you are. I look forward to you sharing that with the rest of the world. It's been so long since you've really shared your true selves.
I love you!
Mandy