Wednesday, November 02, 2005

20 Lesser Known Facts...

1.) I was born exactly two months early. I was due to arrive on June 23. I showed up on April 23. This actually allowed my Mother to have all her kids in her twenties (her birthday was June 20).
2.) My favorite songs are "The Way You Look Tonight", "Slow Dancing With The Moon", and "Oh Holy Night".
3.) I still have the blanket Aunt Barb made when I was born.
4.) My favorite colors are pink, red, and orange.
5.) My earliest memories are from the age of 2.
6.) I am the third of three siblings, and the seventh of eight siblings depending on how well you know my family.
7.) I have four very close friendships with people I have never met in person.
8.) I once sang " Coat Of Many Colors" with Dolly Parton.
9.) I've had the same best friend since second grade.
10.) I was in psychotherapy at 18 for post traumatic stress disorder and suicidal tendencies.
11.) I've lost 136 lbs since June of 2003.
12.) My favorite places on earth are Disney World and the Smoky Mountains.
13.) I was tested as a genius at age 9.
14.) Cheaters and bullies give me the creeps.
15.) Some of the best discussions of my life have happened in the restroom.
16.) I'm afraid of the grates in city sidewalks.
17.) I like to sing when I'm on boats.
18.) The song that plays most in my head is "I Love You Lord".
19.) I prefer spring over fall, and fall over summer (I wish winter would go away entirely).
20.) My love language is words of affirmation.

In the spirit of these lists, I tag Heidi, Kim B, Kim A, Steph, and Becca.

2 comments:

becca said...

#1 - I took a personality test that says I have the personality of less than 1% of the population and I probably have ESP.

#2 - During my fourth grade holiday concert, I peed myself while standing on stage in the front row...and only my mom and Charles Hart (the class nosepicker) knew. My mom told nobody...I wish the same were true for Charles Hart.

#3 - My mom says I'm going to have appendicitis.

#4 - This one time at band camp...well, honestly nothing very exciting ever happened there.

#5 - I had the same best friends since kindergarten orientation.

#6 - I once got into such huge trouble in elementary school that I got sent to the Principal's office and had to write an apology note for the bad thing I had done. To this day, I still don't know what my crime was.

#7 - Often when I'm walking I have the march from "The Love of Three Oranges" playing in my head.

#8 - More often than not, I go to bed without brushing my teeth (sorry mom!).

#9 - I tried out for the 7th grade basketball team because all my friends were and I made the team!...as the equipment manager.

#10 - I absolutely cannot stand the noise of someone chewing.

#11 - I puke at random on nearly a bi-weekly basis.

#12 - I was a sophomore in college before I had ever kissed anyone.

#13 - I hate green peppers...but like at least better every other food I've ever tried including abalone, dried octopus, anchovies, and chicken fingers.

#14 - If they ever make sidewalk rage official, I definitely have it.

#15 - I really disliked cats...until we got our three. And I still pretty much dislike other peoples' cats.

#16 - One day when I was slicing celery for a salad, I sliced off the tip of my finger. My husband put it in a baggy and we went to the hospital but they wouldn't sew it back on because it wasn't big enough. When we got back home I KNEW I was at a crossroads where either I would forever be afraid of knives or I wouldn't...so I picked the knife back up and finished slicing the celery and served the salad to the family later that afternoon.

#17 - I had a mystery illness when I was 13-years-old that caused my head to be stuck to one side and I was unable to sit up unassisted and missed two weeks of school.

#18 - I'm really shy...I swear!

#19 - I think I might have borderline social anxiety.

#20 - I love first aid and survival skills.

Kim said...

YAY! Congrats on the weightloss!!
Disney is one of my favorite places on earth too! We should go together next time you go!! :)