Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Reminder Part 3

I knew as this season approached, that finding the joy of Christmas would be a challenge this year. So many heartaches...Too many changes. Most of the people dear to me have been walking wounded for months. And it's not just Laurie's death... Although it's a HUGE part of it all.

I have friends who are lonely and praying to find the love of their lives. They struggle between what is available, and what God has in store for them. The holidays seem to bring the emptiness into sharp relief. I pray they have patience, and an open heart.

Illness has attacked so many people around me. In the last few weeks alone, I've seen friends cope with cancer, heart disease, kidney failure, and chronic fatigue. I pray for wellness and healing.

My beloved sister has been waiting for a miracle. She wants to be a mom more than anything on Earth. Each month that goes by becomes more discouraging. I pray that God bless her with the desire of her heart. I so want to see her fulfill a role that she's already perfected... Nurturer.


People I love are lost and hurting. Bruised and damaged on the inside. Every fiber of my being wishes I could "make it all better". All that I can do is pray for supernatural involvement. Only the God of the universe can heal this brokenness.

Depression seems to have gripped a handful of those I'm closest to. Hopelessness seems to be settling like a fog. I pray for purpose and impact. That we would live boldly in the image of our maker. May we make a difference in this world not because of who we are, but what we are. Children of God!


Add to this list: war, famine, aids, hunger, persecution, natural disasters, homelessness, and poverty. It's enough to make us all give up!

And then I remember Jesus.

The miracle of Christmas. The Gift of Christmas. God among us. The Savior of the world. He appeared and a soul felt it's worth. No matter what this world throws at us, it is all made right again through this one Man. He came to seek and save the lost. He came to restore what we've destroyed. He came to set us free.

I have to be honest, this year has pretty much SUCKED from beginning to end. Yet I know that even a year is nothing in heaven's timeline. One day I'll see the big picture, and none of this horrendous pain will matter anymore.

Until then I'll take my joy where I can find it. And I'll try to leave my corner of existence a little nicer than I found it.

Peace & Hope to you all this Christmas!

Mandy

4 comments:

Kim said...

Have a Merry Christmas! =)

Heidi Miller said...

Your words are so true it hurts and made me cry. I love the way you say so much and touch so many!I love you and we will make this Christmas about HIM!
Smooches

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family! Praying God's best for you, Joy will come!
Kelly

Barb K said...

Love you, Mandy. It was so good to see you tonight at the Christmas service. Til Sunday...Love, Aunt Barb