Friday, June 02, 2006

Three Years...

I make it a point not to dwell too much on my personal weight loss. I'd hate to have come this far just to get mired down in self examination. I did not have gastric bypass surgery to become a super model. Being a size 2 was never my goal. Yet, I have to say, three years and 156lbs later, I feel really good! I now officially weigh less than half of my original weight. I may not be dropping pounds daily, but I've managed a healthy balancing out. I'm soft, but not unhealthy. I'm exactly me, and that's just perfect!

I know most people worry too much about body image and personal appearance these days. May I make one suggestion? Put it all down, and just enjoy the one life God gave you!

Once a week we should all do the following:

Find a quiet place to sit and talk with God
Indulge in a fabulous desert
Call a friend and encourage them
Do one thing you would regret not doing before you die

Last year on this day I posted my thoughts 2 years after surgery. I feel the need to share them again one year later...

Posted 6/2/05

"So, what have I learned in two years? I've learned that losing weight doesn't magically "fix" what's broken. I've learned that being healthy does not mean I need to be anyone else but me. I've learned that scars heal. I've learned that God keeps His promises in my life. I've learned that sometimes you have to go through long periods of darkness, but the sun will shine again.Today I pray each of you feel renewal and hope!"

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love you bunches!!!

Gail said...

Me too, me too!!!! Love, Aunt Gail