Friday, May 12, 2006

Being a Fairy Princess is a Full Time Job.

Overall there are really only a handful of things I don't like about being a Fairy Princess. It's not that bad once you get the hang of it!



PROs:

I don't have to clean my own house
I've never done laundry
I'm rarely alone
I meet all kinds of people
The parking is FABULOUS
I rarely wait in lines
I don't have to cook
I get the best seats at concerts and plays
I never get tired while walking to work
The wheelchair is ULTRA FABULOUS
It filters out most of the jerks in the dating pool
I'm a living example of human need for community

CONs:


I can't style my hair how I like it
I've never walked on a beach
I'm rarely alone
I'm physically vulnerable a lot
People expect me to be "slow"
My dating pool is more like a puddle
I have to rely on others to make my life work
Stairs are a bitch and they're everywhere
I can never just go and do on my own
I wouldn't change my life even if I could. I know that Fairy Princesshood is not some proof that God forgot me. I've seen over and over how this one minor inconvenience (not walking) has been used for a purpose. It's almost like my whole life teaches people "If I can do all this, what CAN'T you do?" I guess the one thing that really upsets me is people who's limitations are pretty much all of their own making.

1 comment:

becca said...

I simply love you.

- becca