Monday, May 22, 2006

One Year Ago Today....

At this time last year I was on an airplane. I was seated next to my favorite person, on my way to the greatest vacation on earth!
For those of you who have read my stuff faithfully since the beginning, I know you'll remember the amazing vacation blessing of 05. For you new readers, let me fill you in.
In April of last year a friend of mine approached me out of concern for my wellbeing. He had seen what I had been struggling with since Laurie's death and he worried that I was beginning to devalue my own life. He and his lovely wife had decided that I needed to get away. They sent me on a trip to Disney World, and also the Bahamas (Disney Cruise Line). The only stipulation being, that I not be allowed to name them as benefactors. "Give all the credit to God" they said. I can honestly say that God used these people to pull me out of a really dark place. They probably saved my life.

So today, one year later, I'm reminded of the best time ever!

I'm reminded that someone loved me enough to do that for me. I recall how great it was to spend time with my sister. I felt closer to my mom there. It was better than words can express. I laughed. I rested. I remembered my own value. I wish everyone could experience a blessing like that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why must Kim Brown always be so down??? She really needs to start looking at things on the brighter side, like you. It would make for much better reading on her blog.

Kim said...

I remember reading you when you went. Come back so we can meet up. :)

Seriously, though, it is wonderful how the kindness of people can touch you.

becca said...

Thanks for such a great reminder that we really do have the power to make a difference in others' lives.

- becca

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mandy - I like when Kim is "purky" (and her IPod nano says "Sam I Am").