Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Dear God,

I know you are there. My faith is not shaken. Yet, I have to be honest with you. Sometimes it feels like you are not close by. You promise never to leave us and for that I'm so thankful. But things are so dark. I am having trouble making out your face in all this. Are you here with me now? Are you watching this happen? Does it break your heart when we fall? I wish I could hear your voice like a clap of thunder instead of a still small voice. I wish I could see you swoop in and fix all that we've messed up. I don't expect answers, or even sympathy. I will simply be still and know that you are God. I will wait patiently for your intervention. I love you Lord. Even when it's painful, I trust you.

Your Loving Daughter,

Amanda Annette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
Would it be OK of I sign my name to this letter to God? I feel exactly this very way.

Love you,
Your secret friend

Barb K said...

Amen, Love you, Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

I like that one, Amanda Annette. The "Swoop of Thunder" voice is what I think most of us would like to hear rather than the teensy tinsy, still voice.