Thursday, April 27, 2006

Rippling Waters...

You know what I love most about my mother? She left a mark on literally every person she encountered. Even now, almost 9 years after she passed, people still come up to me and mention how she effected them. I want to be that kind of person. What will my legacy be really?

I've had a tremendous response so far in my fundraising efforts. Thank you all who have participated. It's inspiring to me to see how one person can make a difference. No, I haven't solved world hunger, aids, cancer, or violence among men, but in my little corner of the earth, I'm helping. Imagine what could be accomplished if everyone contributed just a little bit. I honestly believe we could change the world.

I might sound naive to some people. I can accept that. I just know that it's possible to be part of something bigger than myself. 2,000 years ago, one man changed the world forever. It would be so easy to say "sure HE did it, HE was GOD", but the truth is, He invites us to follow His example. He gave us the power to move mountains! I'm just getting my arms around that idea. I'll start small. I'll start with the YMCA.
Where will you start?

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love you!!