Monday, April 17, 2006

Timmy!


Anyone who has read this blog at all knows that I often take a time out here to highlight my fabulous friends and family. Today I definitely feel the need to shine the spotlight on my friend Becca. Truly God had a plan when He moved this girl to McHenry...
I've known Becca and her husband Mike for a while now, but we only really became close friends this past fall. In fact, the week I got Diva, Mike and Becca were the amazing couple who agreed to baby sit while I went to the women's retreat with Willow Creek. I have been blessed by these new friends.
Yet, it goes so much deeper than beers on the train and occasional "puppy sitting". Becca has become one of those people. You know the ones. After you meet them, it's impossible to imagine doing life without them. She would, and has, given me the clothes off her back. She "gets me" like few people I know. She loves the strangest things about me (My typing stick, bathroom time...). She even gets excited when I ask her for help! Here I am feeling stressed about asking for help, and she's just thrilled to jump in. She even thanked me once for letting her give me a shower. Can you imagine!?!?
This weekend I did something I rarely do. I allowed hurtful words to effect my heart and I then proceeded to have a mini meltdown. I originally called Becca to commiserate on how stupid and hurtful people can be. Once I started crying she jumped in her car and headed straight over. Of course, being a truly great friend, she stopped first to steal flowers for me from her neighbor's yard. =) They are sitting in my living room now to remind me that I'm loved. Does everyone get friends like this? I dearly hope so... Love ya Becca B. I'm so glad to know you!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Mandy, Who's Timmy? Friends are priceless. Read Nicole's blog from mine... I love you...Aunt Gail

becca said...

((blushing))

Timmy is the reason why I can't shop at Wal-Mart in McHenry anymore.

A woman who works there is convinced my name is Timmy. She follows me around, lurking behind racks of slacks, peering over piles of teeshirts...
"Timmy?"
"Are you Timmy?"
"I'm sorry, are you Timmy?"
"Are you SURE you're not Timmy?"
"Timmy?"
"You're really not Timmy? I'm pulling a straws here."

SOME people seem to think this is really amusing.

I wish I could write a testimony to Amanda that would do her justice, but I don't think there are enough words...and besides, anyone who knows her, knows someone who knows her, or knows someone who knows someone who reads her blog...well, they know how absolutely fabulous she is.

Let's all just make sure to remind her now and then.

- becca