Friday, April 21, 2006

Friends, Faith, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes...

I had a great discussion with Jessy last night. We talked for almost 2 hours about heaven and hell and Jesus, and the amazing gift of grace. She's lead a very different life than I have. Yet, at our core we are the same. It just amazes me how God has thrown us together. I ended the evening feeling alive and loved, but most importantly, I felt needed. It's so good to feel your value in someone else's life. I'm truly a blessed girl.
I'm spending this weekend with friends. I turn 26 on Sunday, and the weekend is filling up with all kinds of fun activities. Heidi is stealing me on Saturday. I have no clue what she has planned. Personally, I just like the idea of hanging out with my big sister. Sunday, Aunt Joey is coming to my house for breakfast. Knowing how we are, it could be something normal like pancakes and eggs, or it may lean towards the more bizarre style breakfast (Cheetos, melon, and artichoke hearts?). When we get together, you never can guess what might happen. I love stuff like that.

Life has been spinning at a faster rate of speed for me lately. I'm just glad to have a quiet moment, a cup of starbucks coffee, and a chance to share my thoughts.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Mandykins, Let me be the first to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. It sounds like you will have a very fun birthday weekend. I will be thinking about you all day Sunday. I remember when you were born 26 yrs ago. Wish I could be out there for your birthday. Think of me too. I love you Woms! aunt Gail

Barb K said...

Hope your day was filled with all good things. Happy Birthday, Amanda Peszat!!!!

Love you, Aunt Barb