Wednesday, April 19, 2006

If You Want Something Done...Do it YOURSELF!

Hi all,

Today I'm embarking on a new mission. As the weather gets warmer I find myself anxious to try new things. I started looking into my local swimming pools. I've always loved swimming and for me it is an excellent way to exercise and unwind. So far the most affordable location is the nearby Crystal Lake YMCA. After calling them and explaining my situation, they have agreed to let me use their pool at a very reasonable price, and have also given my assistant free access when she accompanies me. THIS IS GREAT right?

All except the minor problem of them not having a lift access into there pool. BIG PROBLEM!

I looked all over the internet for reasonably priced portable water lifts and I think I've found the best deal... All that remains now is to raise a small amount of money in order to benefit my entire community. I have spoken with the aquatics director for the local YMCA and in order to obtain a pool lift, one must be purchased and donated.

If you, or anyone you know might be interested in helping me raise the $5,000.00 needed to purchase
this lift, please feel free to contact me.

You can also mail in a contribution:

A. Peszat
4305 W. Shamrock Ln Apt 1G
McHenry, IL 60050

Check/money orders payable to: Amanda Peszat (YMCA Lift Fund)

Thanks everyone for your help and support. I know far more people than just myself will benefit from your generosity.

Sincerely,
Amanda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, Im just curious, what about the cost to install the lift? Will the YMCA be picking up the tab for that, if you raise the $5K?

PixieGirl said...

Excellent question! The lift is portable. No installation required.

Barb K said...

Way to go, Mandy. I will be sending a check and praying that people decide this is a great idea.

Love you, Aunt Barb