Monday, May 15, 2006

I've Said it Before, and I'll Say it AGAIN

Heidi Miller is the best sister any girl could ask for!

I spent a ton of time this weekend thinking about my Mom, and missing simpler days. I wish I could remember what it was like before it changed. I wish for a second I could feel the way I did before all the safety nets dropped out. And then some truly great memories settled over me...

I'm at a picnic with my cousins around the block from my house. We walked there because we could, and we enjoy just being together.

I'm in my Mother's bed on a stormy night. Just us. She lets me borrow her flannel night gown.

I'm in the kitchen with my sister learning to make pancakes. We are laughing so hard at nothing.

I'm in Disney World with Katie. We share secrets in the pool.

I'm on the Harley with my father. He felt close then.

I'm in TN with my Mom. An unplanned vacation.

Finding Nemo in the rain with Heidi. My best day ever!

Isn't it odd how some of your greatest memories have everything to do with the ordinary? I had another experience like that yesterday. My sister fixed my broken bits just by making time for me. I will remember our time spent for the rest of my life. Just like "drive careful" or "PEPPER" have become part of my smile, every time I get the privilege of time with my sister I am altered slightly. Changed for the better I think.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sisters are wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't Heidi the bestest? I love her like a sister, too. Same goes for you, girlie. Hope all is well.