Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Lies in my Head...

Satan is shouting in one ear. God is whispering in the other. Who will I believe? I am in the middle of a spiritual battleground. I feel it all around. Satan tells me I'm not good enough, not pretty enough, not Holy enough, not tender enough. He tries to convince me that one person just isn't enough against all that this earth is throwing my way. And for a moment, I believe him. I think I should give up. I think "what's the point?" I feel so low in those times, that I may never resurface. And then Truth reveals Himself in these dark times. God has a plan. God wants to use me for His purpose. He can make all things new. There is hope in the Lord. He knows the plans He has for me... He never leaves me... I don't babble these things off as some lucky charm I use to comfort myself. These are not flowery ideas. This is the God I serve. In His truest form, God is love. So whatever else I'm feeling these days, I choose to stand on truth. I am broken, but God is still here.

No comments: