Thursday, May 12, 2005

SuperGimp!!!

So I know I'm a pretty strong person, but this is just getting plain silly. Maybe people think I have super powers. Everyone seems to think I'll just "deal" no matter what I'm up against. I admit that I'm good in a crisis. I can handle rough things being thrown my way, but I crumble just like anyone else when it all gets piled on top of me. This week, it all keeps piling up. I miss Laurie, my assistant wants to quit, I think I should drop school, I have to prove to the government that I'm still a fairy princess, I'm broke, everyone I love is grieving.... I could go on, but it really doesn't help. Anyone who really knows me knows that the quickest way to break me is to take away my stability in my home. I need physical help to do almost EVERYTHING. Usually, this truth does not really bother me. In fact, rather then saying I have a "disability", we've taken to referring to these challenges as being a "Fairy Princess". It's like being royalty, without the media headaches. So the fact that I have to find a new person to care for me in the evenings on top of sorting through this grief,on top of proving to the state that I'm still a princess, is REALLY not good for me right now. I am hanging by a thin thread of sanity these days as it is. Please pray for me. I just can't handle one more thing right now...


Thank God for my upcoming vacation plans! I can't thank My friends enough for blessing me. It's the one thing that I'm looking forward to. It will be really nice to get away with my sister, and let sunshine, and Mickey Mouse soothe my weary heart.

3 comments:

Bigger than Me said...

Mandy, you know what I love about you? You spread the fairy princessness around! You make me feel like royalty, too. I will be praying for you, and Tiffany, too. I know that the the lies and challenges that the evil one uses to try to defeat you are different than the ones he uses for me, and making you fear for your daily care is his favorite tool with you, but I want you to repeat the infamous words of GI Joe..."Knowing is half the battle." It might sound dumb, but saying it out loud, making it clear that you know what he is trying to do, and while you might freak out, you are not letting him win it. You are still going to pray, and trust that God has a solid plan, each and every day. I'll be praying that He shows up for you in big ways today. I love you!
Always,
katie

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
God is in control and He loves you Big. I am praying for you and you know we all love you. love, aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

SuperGimp? I think not! In my eyes you are WonderWoman!!!! You are an inspiration to this stranger and though your body may not be 100% functional, your heart and spirit go way beyond making up for physical deficits! Sending up MANY prayers for a wonderful new assistant to come your way,
Mary