Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day...

I was blessed with an extraordinary mom. For 17 years, she poured herself into my life. I'm largely who I am today because of her. If any of you know Barb, Gail, or Joey, then you have some idea as to my own mother's character. Bold, Bright, Enthusiastic, Encouraging, Strong, Beautiful, Fun.... But above all she was a woman of faith. Her focus was always on the Kingdom. She loved people more than herself. She built into the lives of others. She radiated Christ's unconditional love. Where would I be without this amazing woman? I think my favorite thing about having a mom (the thing I miss the most) is knowing that someone knows all your junk, and loves you anyhow. I think that is why God created Mothers. It's the closest we ever get in a lifetime to understanding the "forever kind of love" that God has for us. I can't think of anyone who deserved heaven more than Lin Peszat. I would have very much liked to have had a few more years with her, but I get to spend eternity with her, so I guess I can't complain. I send a prayer out today for every mother who reads this. God bless you!

1 comment:

Bigger than Me said...

Yup, she sure was amazing, as are you, little lady! I love you oodles!
Always,
katie