Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Marika...

You know what I love most about Marie? It's the way she always shows up when I need her. If I think back on it, I'm reminded that is how she became my "sister" in the first place. For a long time, Marie was Heidi's friend that hung around our house. Then she morphed into one of those family members we all have. Kinda like a cousin you expect to see on national holidays... But from the moment my Mom died July 2, 1997.... Marie has been my sister. I couldn't ask for a more faithful friend. She just sees what needs to be done, and does it. I pray that everyone could have this kind of fellowship in their lives. Like all sisters, there are times we want to choke each other, but too, like all sisters, we find our way back together. I'm so blessed by my "add on Family". If you don't have one, you should really consider picking one up. That whole lie about blood being thicker than water... It's simply not true. Family is comprised of who holds you up when the world is beating you down. Marie is an intricate piece of my family puzzle. I thank God for bringing her into my life.

2 comments:

Bigger than Me said...

Mandy, you are so right on about Marie, who is such a great woman of God, an unbelievable belssing to our whole family! In case she reads this, I love you oodles, Marie. You are such a vital part of my cousin's lives, and I am truly thankful to you for loving them so deeply. You make them laugh from the soul, and smile from the heart, and you are there when the tears fall like rain. You rock, Marie. I love you!
Always,
katie

Oh, and Mandy, I definitely love you too!!!

Barb K said...

Mandy, Thanks for reminding us how inportant Marie is to our whole family. She is a beauty inside and out. I love that we all became her family at her surprise party. Marie, I love you. Barb