Friday, September 30, 2005

Crazy? I Was Crazy Once...

So, this week has been plain nuts! I was supposed to get my Diva Sunday, but the weather in SC was too hot to ship a live animal. Then I was supposed to get her Monday, but her vet had a cat come in with rabies, so he couldn't clear her for flying till Tuesday. Tuesday night, at 10:00pm Heidi, Marie, and I drove all the way to Milwaukee Airport to pick Diva up. BUT, wouldn't you know it? They sent me another girl's Chihuaua puppy by mistake! Diva had to spend the night in Detroit,Michigan...I was seriously beginning to doubt that she would ever get here at all. At 7:30pm Wednesday, Diva arrived at last! She was delivered directly to my apartment door. This happened after I calmly explained the rules of "Princesshood" to the manager of Delta air cargo.... I was not going to drive to Milwaukee again.
Diva is PERFECT! She's tiny, feisty, sweet, sassy, and all together lovable. She's already learning to use the litter box. I'm so proud! She also learned right away that she has to work with me if I'm going to pick her up. She actually climbs into my arms. Like me, she mostly likes to find the warmest place possible. She likes to nap in my arms. I'm so happy, I may BURST!
This morning I left for the SoulFeast retreat with Willow Creek. My friends Mike & Becca are babysitting till Sunday afternoon. It was painful leaving her this morning. Her little whimpers and moaning didn't help. =) It's good though. I want Diva to be used to a lot of people. I trust that she'll have a fun weekend. I'll post more on puppy parenting, life, grief, and general deep thoughts later. For now, I'll leave you all with a few pictures of the cutest little Diva ever, and her very pleased new mommy.

6 comments:

becca said...

If you think she was making pathetic noise when you left her, you should have heard her when I picked her up! I'm still trying to figure out how it's physically possible for a dog that small to make noise that big.

She's now residing at our house and having a healthy nap, curled up in a ball inside your purple shirt.

-becca

Bigger than Me said...

She's so...scrappy! I am just too darn excited for you, babe! Lub!

Always,
Katie

Bigger than Me said...

Oh, by the way, don't think that the "crazy one" thing flew past me! Thanks for the warm fuzzy!

Kim said...

Diva is adorable!

Gail said...

Oh my gosh Mandy she is a cutie. Give her a hug for me...love, Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

Loved hanging out with you this weekend. And your pictures of Diva are adorable. Diva is a very lucky young lady.

Oodles of Doodles