Saturday, September 24, 2005

Thank God!

I'm pleased to say that my family in Texas is safe and sound. I can't thank God enough for protecting them.

Today I worked 8 hours of overtime here in Chicago. Tomorrow, I pick up Diva at the airport. I can't wait to hold her. I took next week off so that we can bond and get to know each other. Friday, the 30th I'm going on a weekend retreat with the women of Willow Creek. I booked my place in the retreat way before I knew about Diva. I can't pass up this opportunity to refresh my spirit. So, Diva will spend the weekend with her Auntie Becca and Uncle Mike. What great friends I have! I trust them to take excellent care of my baby...
I'm looking forward to a week of being "unplugged". There's so much rushing in my life, it's nice to stop and breathe once in a while. I will definitely be posting pics of Diva soon, but not this week. This week is just for us. I hope you all have a wonderful week yourselves. I'll catch up with you all soon!

God Bless,
Mandy

4 comments:

becca said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that little Diva, too! I am so excited to puppysit and am honored you're letting me.

Yay yay yayyyyy!!!

-becca

becca said...

Oh yeah...and very glad to hear your Texas clan faired well!

-becca

Kim said...

Have wonderful week!

Kim said...

Just dropping by to let you know that I am thinking of you today and hoping you are having a great week. :)