Thursday, March 31, 2005

Lost Girls...

If I'm honest with myself, my current heartbreak runs deeper than losing Laurie.
Laur was the one person who I could relate to when it came to losing my mother. A year after my mom's death, Laurie lost her father. That's not so uncommon, I realize. Except in our cases we were both there when it happened. Nothing in life prepares you for seeing your parent die. I'm sure it is unbearable to watch someone pass slowly from illness, but when someone is perfectly healthy one minute, and they drop dead in front of you the next... There are no words. Laurie and I were always able to talk this stuff out. In fact, the last day I saw her, we talked about that subject for about 30 minutes.
Who can I talk to now? Who will lay in my bed, and hug me, and cry with me? Who can relate to that trauma now that Laurie is gone? I feel cheated by Laur. I needed her support for the next 60 years or so.

I'm 24 years old and all I really have to say today is... I want my mommy!

1 comment:

Steph said...

My manny girl...

Just know that I love you and that I'm so glad you're in my life!! You are so special to me and I don't know what I would do without you!!