Sunday, March 27, 2005

My Easter Hope...

My good friend (sister) Marie gave me an Easter card this year. The picture on the front was of a marshmallow peep in a microwave. For anyone who has ever spent Easter with my family, you can understand the appropriateness of this card. It's not a holiday in our family until something blows up. =)

In the margin of the card, she thanked me for being a "teacher" in her life. I find that rather remarkable because I usually feel like I'm the one learning from everyone else. My favorite thing about this cute little card, was the very last sentence she wrote:

" I can't wait to live in the REAL WORLD!"

I couldn't agree with her more. My Easter hope is that we all realize just how short our time here is. This is a bus stop on the road to eternity. I'm going to try to remember that the next time I feel hopeless...

God bless and Happy Easter!

No comments: