Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Temper Tantrums...

What would happen if I could set down my anger? Is it even possible? I'm angry at people for hurting me with their actions. I'm furious at people for damaging Laurie with words. I'm so angry at Laurie herself for leaving that I can't see straight. Yet all of this I can not change. I can't make people change. I can't bring Laurie back. I have no control over any of this stuff.

What I can control is how I respond...

Today, I will hand my anger over to God. I will lay it at His feet. This may be a constant effort on my part, but every time I feel the rage bubbling, I'm going to talk to God. I'm going to ask Him to focus my attention on things that are lasting. Maybe, with His help, I can stop hating in my heart. Perhaps compassion will replace rage. Wouldn't that be something? I'm going to try this today and trust that God is in control. That's the hardest part these days. Pray for me okay?

No comments: