Monday, March 21, 2005

A pebble on the ocean...

Today I have realized that even the smallest pebble can leave a ripple in the ocean. My heart is broken, and I feel helpless, damaged, left out. I wish I could offer comfort to those that I love. I will never be that friend who hops in their car and drives out to be with you. Laur was that kind of friend. How can I help without becoming "in the way"? Yet, rather than focus on those things I'm unable to do, I choose to do this. Today I will pray for each of you by name. Today I will hold your hand in my heart. I will pray for you on your voicemail. I will drop you an email. I will show that I love you. That I'm here for you. Even when I can't be present. And I will become that small pebble skipping on this ocean of pain, and sorrow. If you quiet your heart, you will feel it. The ripples God is allowing my prayers to make in your day. I thank God for the gift of His Holy Spirit. I pray that you all feel lifted in prayer today.

1 comment:

Bigger than Me said...

Mandy, you have rocked my world once again. Thank you for your presence in my life, even without hopping in the car! I love you!

your katiegirl