Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Birthday Girl...

Laur,

Happy 21st Birthday! I bet heaven throws the best parties huh? It hurts me that we won't get to follow through on the plans that we made. Your birthday was always a two week event, and this year was extra special. 21. I can't believe it. I feel old at 25. You've aged me girlie. This missing you has accelerated my years... I love you Laurie Boncimino! Today I'm going to try to do something in your honor. I think I'll pay for the coffee of the next person in line at Starbucks. Surprising someone with an act of kindness in the middle of their crazy day. That reminds me of the best part of you.
Tonight I'll sit on my patio and have a toast to you... I have so many memories of you and I out there. Club Girls, Steph, cereal in coffee mugs... I would have loved a thousand more of those moments! I guess that wasn't part of your plans... I may never understand why you chose to leave Laurie, but I'm glad there is joy and peace for you now. And no matter how great your birthday celebration would have been on earth, I know that you're at the ultimate party in heaven. I'm sure Steph joins me in picturing you and my mom doing the "running man" with Jesus! I love you sweetie! Now and ALWAYS!

Your Cousin,
Mand

No comments: