Thursday, June 09, 2005

Heidi...

My sister is five years older than me, yet at times I feel like we're twins. She is my heart. I don't know anyone like her. Of course, we are siblings, so there have been times when we've wanted to choke each other, but at the end of the day, she's still my rock and my best friend. God certainly knew what He was doing when He put us together.
Heidi and I just had a fabulous vacation together. I wish everyone I know could have such a blessing in their lives. We saw EVERYTHING in Disney World, and then we enjoyed the Bahamas. I think the best part was just being together. We laughed so often on this trip. One of the most fun parts of our trip happened on accident. We were supposed to get up early and head out to the Magic Kingdom (my favorite part of DW). However, in our exhaustion the night before, neither of us remembered to charge my batteries on my wheelchair. =) So instead of heading out early, we stayed in our suite till noon waiting for my chair to recharge. We played cards and ate room service... We even had a visit from some hungry ducks (long story)!
What a gift it was to hang out with Heidi. I wish you all could know her like I do. Heidi does not have the time or the inclination to blog. In fact, I'm not even sure if she reads this. Instead we share a paper journal. Every week we trade off. I just wanted to share this glimpse into the writings of my amazing, beautiful, encouraging sister!


On 5/12/05 Heidi wrote:

"I am worried about my sister! She needs to remember why her life is so valuable. She has the ability to touch and warm a cold heart. May our upcoming trip let her relax, reflect, and remember!!!"

On 6/7/05 Heidi wrote:

"...We are home from the BESTEST trip and I hope my sister knows I LOVE HER! Great time, so much fun, and really bad sunburn! =) Oh well... We loved it."



Can you see why I love her so much!?!? She's so sweet! She also genuinely cares what's happening in my heart. I need that so much these days...

Today I challenge you all. If you love someone, TELL THEM. Take 10 minutes out of your day to tell someone how blessed you feel to have them in your corner.

1 comment:

Bigger than Me said...

I second that (e)motion. Allin favor of the fact that Heidi is an awesome sister (who happens to have an awesome sister, too!) say aye...