Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Roller Coaster....

This week is just plain madness. Monday was my mom's birthday (she would have been 55). I went to work, but in a strange course of events, I ended up at home both Monday, and Tuesday. Plenty of time to sit at home and stew on the stuff I avoid. I'm so thankful that Aunt Gail and Bob stopped by on Tuesday to hang out. I needed the companionship. I'm doing so much better since my vacation, but I still feel like I'm sinking sometimes. Grief and depression seem to wait patiently for my guard to drop... It's strange how solitude forces you to deal with yourself. Sometimes, I hate what I see when I look at my insides. I have such a large capacity for darkness. Thank God He loves me in spite of myself! Please pray for me. I could really use the support.

God Bless!

6 comments:

Gail said...

Hey Woms, I'm there for you and you're there for me. Thats what love is about. It was fun too. Yes, I'm prayin for you...xo
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

As you may know, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, who is one of my all-time favorite preachers/theologians, wrestled all his adult life with depression.

Countless are the times I've drawn deep, substantive encouragement from his writings.

You might want to do a google search, as tons of his sermons can be accessed online. His writing style is both enlightening and tremendously thought-provoking.

My prayer that the Lord will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus, is this moment, offered up on your behalf.

Fondly,
Debbi D. (Jax, FL)

P.S. Gail is an awesome example of reaching out beyond yourself to love on others when your spirit is downcast. (See her blog entry today.) God bless her heart!

Anonymous said...

Mandy-
You don't know me, but you have become sooooo precious to me. Hang in there sweetie. I'll be praying for you.

Fe (friend of Drew Brown)

Anonymous said...

i'm praying for you.

Kim said...

You are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Crazy, I was Crazy once...