Thursday, April 14, 2005

Blessed...

I am amazed daily at the ways God provides for my life. Not just in big ways like the vacation (which still blows my mind by the way). Yesterday God showed me several times that I'm not alone. He provided a listening ear when I needed to talk some stuff out. This came in the form of a friend on my train. At church last night another friend gave me a CD that was created for those who are grieving suicide... For those that know me, you'll appreciate how God used music in this case as a comfort tool. How sweet of my friends to do that for me. It feels good to know that people are thinking of me.
The best comfort of all yesterday came in the form of hugs. What a simple way to show someone you love them. I've never been a real touchy-feely person. My love language, like Laurie's, has usually been words of affirmation. But in recent weeks, I find that I need hugs. I feel safer somehow when I'm wrapped up in the arms of someone who loves me. I feel like in those moments, I'm going to be ok. Maybe not today, but one day in the future. If you get the chance, hug someone that matters to you today.

No comments: