Monday, April 11, 2005

Dancing Queen...

This weekend was so good! My heart is still broken, but at least I haven't forgotten how to have fun. I danced the night away at the reception Saturday. I laughed until my sides hurt. I hugged the people that I love. Missing Laurie has consumed me. Grieving the loss of my cousin,and friend has taken up all my spare energy. This Saturday was different. The pain was still there, but so was the joy. I felt like Laurie was close by in those moments of celebration. She would be the first person to join me on the dance floor. And I felt her there with me. Today is a lot harder. My everyday life is hard to navigate when my world is shattered. Still I thank God for the gift of this weekend. I'm so glad I got to smile with my family and friends. Today I hope everyone who reads this remembers to appreciate their family.

No comments: