Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Gratitude...


I'm grateful for so many things in my life. I feel so overwhelmed by the circumstances of the last few months. Sometimes it helps me to list the blessings. So here goes:



I serve a relational God who made me on purpose
I have an AMAZING family that shares openly with others
I have friends who build me up, and hold me when I'm down
I can not walk, but I can communicate my thoughts and feelings
This world is broken, but I have the promise of eternity in paradise
And more specifically...
I have gifts from God that He uses daily
I belong to a church that allows women to reach their full potential
I have siblings who would walk through fire for me
I have a father that will drop anything if I need him
I have uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends who remind me that I matter
I have people in my life that love me so much that they send me on vacation in order to rest
I have a relationship with my assistants that I wouldn't change for the world
I have a disability that is often a far greater blessing than it is a curse
And every time I'm broken over the loss of one more loved one, I'm reminded that I will see them again one day in the full glory of God's Kingdom
For all the above PRAISE GOD!
I may hate life today. I may feel desperate to surface from this pain and grief. I may feel like I'll never be "ok" again. Yet I know that for me, focusing on the good helps. It does not ease the hurts, it doesn't "make it better". Doing this just helps me keep it in perspective. That's my prayer today for all of us. "Heavenly Father, please helps us keep this stuff in perspective. Use us for Your "BIG PICTURE" Lord. Remind us daily that we aren't alone, and we aren't an accident. Focus our eyes on you so that we may be a light unto the world. We praise Your Holy name. AMEN!"

1 comment:

Barb K said...

Mandy,
Today I set my mind that I wanted to make sure to comment on your excellent blogs. So I go to your site, oops, not exactly one I can comment on right now (The more recent blog than this one). A little to raw for me to handle but blessedly my sweet Lisa did.
So I will choose to comment here instead. Gratitude is what I can relate to. Gratitude for having your mom in my life for 47 years, my mom and dad for all of my 56 years and Laurie for 20 really excellent years. Wow, that's a total of 179 years and yet that is only a speck of eternity. Something to thank God for I think. Remember I love you, beautiful.

Please thank your friend, Ida, for her contribution to the Overnight. I am grateful for that too.