Thursday, April 07, 2005

Breakdown...

Last night at church I came unglued. During worship we sang "Shout To The Lord". I couldn't stop thinking of the email Laurie sent while in Mexico about that song. I miss her so much sometimes it actually hurts to breathe. Thank God for Heidi. Never being big on weeping in public, I buried my face in Heidi's shoulder and let it all spill out. I love knowing the kind of people who hold you even when they know things can't be "fixed". There is no cure for grief. Kind of like the common cold, it just has to take it's course. I just need to feel what I feel. I hope people around me can handle that.
In the last several weeks God has been offering me great blessings mixed with this heartbreak. I couldn't ask for a more faithful and compassionate Father. Just when I think I'm going to break beyond repair, He sends me comfort in so many forms. He's also blessed me with options an choices. I don't feel "stuck" like I usually do. God is good. I am broken, but God is still here.

I wish you all comfort and blessings in the middle of your own breakdowns...

No comments: