Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Fin Del Mundo...


Sunset in Ushuaia, Argentina... Posted by Picasa

This picture was taken by a friend of mine. Fin Del Mundo means The End Of The World. That is what they call this area because it is the southernmost city in the world. I find this picture remarkably peaceful. If the end of the world is that beautiful, then what do I need to stress out about? It's hard to get my mind around this one truth, but I'm trying... The world had a beginning. It will also have an end. Does that blow anyone else's mind? We talk about the future as if it's promised to us. How presumptuous are we? Every hour is a gift from God. Every stunning sunset is a blessing. This picture reminds me to take it all in and be thankful. I pray that I never again forget to value the miracle of life. I am here for a reason. YOU are here for a reason! Find your purpose and value each day. I want to never forget that it's all a gift.

2 comments:

dbrown said...

The thing that blows my mind more than anything is that God had no beginning.

Or eternity. Thats pretty hard to grasp too.

Anonymous said...

"From the rising of the sun, to the going down of the same, our Lord's name is to be praised."

Wow--that picture does my heart good. "He decidido seguir a Cristo, al fin del mundo."

Thank you Mandy. :)

D.D.