Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Mother's love...


My mom was an amazing woman! I'm so blessed to have known her for 17 years... I wish she could see me now. What would she think of the woman I've become? Eight years now and I can still hear her voice in my head. My identity was shaped by this woman. My outlook on life was planted early in my heart by her. I would have liked to know her as an adult. I would have enjoyed having her visit my condo for coffee and a chat. But God clearly had other plans... No one I've ever known deserved heaven more than my mom. So, even though it hurts me that she's not here, and that I had to witness her departure, I'm glad she went home. I honestly don't think of her as gone forever. To me, she's just out of site for a while.

4 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

She is still looking down at you with that look of her face. Thinking "how perfect you are" Remember her arms around you today and always. You are LOVED!!!

Anonymous said...

She was lovely. Such a look of joy and pride as she looked at you. I can imagine the prayers she offered to the Lord on behalf of her beautiful baby girl.

She obviously conveyed a mighty heritage of faith to her daughter who has grown into a wise, compassionate young woman.

What a tribute to her! Thank you for sharing her with us. Happy July 4th weekend.

D.D.
Jax, FL

Kim said...

She was beautiful. I am sure she is so proud of the woman you have become :)

Bigger than Me said...

Miss Amanda, aka beauty queen, rock star, fairy princess, brilliant wordsmith, master tripologist, beautiful friend, astonishing sister, amazing daughter, blessed and treasured child of the most high God...you are so loved. Thank you for sharing that pic, it makes me want to squish you!
I love you, and your mama!!!
Always,
Katie