Monday, July 25, 2005

The Overnight... in Mandyland.

I know there have been posts about the lakefront Overnight, but this post is unrelated. However, this overnight did require mental and physical endurence training, as well as prayers and support for all who participated... =)

Seriously though, we had a BLAST with the kids this weekend! They were well behaved and so much fun to spend time with. Denver taught me how to play his V-TEK. He did a great job combing my hair... He even helped Aunt Heidi make rice krispie treats! Maya and I spent time playing with Hello Kitty, baby dolls, and oodles of Strawbery Shortcake band aids. I taught her a new way to bundle her babydoll and she was so thrilled, she said "ohh, it's just like baby Jesus"! Isaiah was so cute running around and playing with Bagel (Heidi's puppy). He doesn't actually say dog though... It sounds more like Doh Doh. Too fun!

The clean mud was a total hit! If you're ever in need of an awsome outdoor craft idea, clean mud rules! The kids all helped rip up the toilet paper (even Isaiah), and they got a kick out of smooching it all together with their fingers and toes. I'll be posting some great pictures just as soon as Heidi downloads them.


Tommy & Katie,

Thank you for trusting me with the kids. It was a pleasure. I see so much of both of you reflected in these children. It's such a neat thing to be part of their lives.

Mandy

1 comment:

Barb K said...

Mandy,
I have done the Overnight with D.,M. and I. and I think it totally takes more training than the 20 mile Overnight. Great job! Now you are ready for Denver, Maya, Isaiah, Hayden and Reece. Oy.

Love you, Aunt Barb