Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Once Saved, Always Saved. AMEN!

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
by Robert Robinson

Come Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet,Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, Mount of God's unchanging love.
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I'm come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger, Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,Interposed His precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
"Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above."
This song Is one of my favorite old Hymns. The language can be so confusing falling from a modern tongue. But, I'll say this, the last verse of this song has always given me chills. I know I'm prone to wander from God. In fact, sometimes when life is going too smoothly, I even forget to give Him credit for the blessings He has given. Thank God that He forgives us our wanderings and helps us in our unbelief. Even when we are far, He remains close.
I'm so thankful that God holds us even through our doubts and questions.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your perceptive, loving response to "Finding My Way" blogger. It spurred me to stop and express some thoughts I'd been wanting to offer her, but had not taken the time to do so 'til tonight.

Oh to grace, how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be...one of my all-time, most beloved hymns of the faith. Thank you. -D.D.

Kim said...

^I wish I could thank you both, personally, for the wonderful thoughts & prayers. They mean so much to me. I was moved to tears by reading over the comments.

I read your entry and it really touched me-lifted me up when I needed it so desperately. Thank you. You are truly an amazing person.

I hope D.D. reads this as well, and knows how grateful I am for her wonderful words of encouragement. I feel that God is working through you guys and He is right there with me. Such a wonderful, awesome feeling.