Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Lies Satan Whispers...

I can't speak for anyone else, but Satan has been working overtime this week. He has slipped into a window in my head several times this week. Here is what he tells me...

"You are in the way".
"You will never make a difference".
"You deserve to be treated this way".
"You are too fat".
"You are useless".
"You are ugly".
"You will never be loved".
"You are too clumsy".
"You are a burden".
"You don't deserve nice things".
"You are broken".
"You are damaged".
"You are alone".
"You are unworthy".
I'm trying hard to combat his vile mumblings. It's hard sometimes though, and I get exhausted. What does Satan tell you?

3 comments:

Gail said...

Mandy, remember its Satan telling you these things. He's NOTHING! Yes he tells me those things all the time but I stop and think God is sooooo much bigger..God will win, God is the All Mighty!! God will whip satan's ass. Rebuke all those stupid thoughts and PRAY. God knows what is on our hearts and HE loves us. Satan doesn't. I love you sooo much. YOU have gotten me through some very crumby stuff and don't you ever forget it woms. I wish I could be there right now to hug you. Close your eyes and picture me hugging you. There feel it? Now picture all God has given you. Picture your Disney World. Your happy place. Picture Tinkerbell. Okay now all better? Are you smiling yet? Picture running Satan over with your wheelchair. There you go. Cool. GOD RULES MANDY!!!! I love you so very much. Aunt Gailykins xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kim said...

Oh boy am I ever having to battle with Satan lately! He has been telling me I am fat, ugly, a horrible mom, a horrible person, that I need more. It is SO hard to push him out sometimes, because he has been saying these things to me a long, long time. I am just now starting to really accept that God really and truly loves me and that He is my father and protector.

You are awesome, Mandy. I thank God for you and your kind words to me recently.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Satan spews all the same bull to me too, slight variations but the same intent to undermine my belief. NOT A CHANCE! You and I are God's specific intentional perfect inventions..don't ever forget that these are His choices for us and he loves us just as we are. Did you hear M. Breaux at Willow last weekend? He talked about the lies the world and the mirror tell us about our worth. It was something I needed to hear.
Make sure to catch Satan's tail in the spokes when you run him over, O.K.? With love and prayers,
a friend