Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Butterfly Over My Heart...

I know there is some version of this now floating around in cyberspace, but I don't actually care. The first time someone told me this, was 8 years ago... My Mother had just died and my world was folding in on itself.

My friend said, "Mandy, when I think of you I think of a butterfly working it's way out of the cocoon. The process is long and painful for the butterfly. But did you know that if you help a butterfly out of it's cocoon it won't have built up the strength to fly? I'm watching you struggle so hard right now, and I wish I could just scoop you up out of this mess. But I know God is using this time to make you strong. I can't wait to see what you do with your wings!"

Those words, and that image have so impacted me that I carry that image with me to this day. I have a tiny blue butterfly tattooed over my heart to remind me. I may not like the trials. I may hurt like hell. But, God is going to use this to strengthen me.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What an awesome thing for your friend to say! I wish beautiful words came out of my mouth. lol
I, too, have a butterfly tattoo. Mine is on my hip. I also have a ladybug tattoo on my foot.

Anyway, you are strong and beautiful and I really look up to you. You are awesome!

*hugs*
Kim