Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oh Bridget Jones, How I Relate!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that as soon as one part of your life starts looking up, another part falls spectacularly to pieces." -Bridget Jones

I should be blaming myself of course. I'm the one who got comfortable. I let my guard down. I began to think my life was clicking together rather smoothly. How stupid am I? I should know better by now.

Two weeks ago my weekend assistant of three years quit with absolutely no warning. I would expect this type of behavior from many people, but coming from a friend I went to high school with, it was a slap in my face. But, whatever... I could survive that. Its only my weekend care. I can manage. WRONG! Last night, my evening support informed me that she and her family are moving back to Mongolia on November 1st! Yes, that's right folks. I'm now in the market for both evening and weekend help. This BLOWS!

It's stressful enough adjusting to one new person, but two is more than I can handle. I hate needing people some days. I can't stand having to worry about how I'm going to get home, eat, shower, and shop from day to day. I wish my life didn't always have to rely on others to function properly. Don't get me wrong, for the most part Princesshood is a gift. I meet new people. I never have to clean, or cook, or do laundry... It's a rather pampered life. However, on days like this one, I'd trade almost everything in order to do it myself.

Pray for me. I'm so tired of this merry-go-round.


Additional Note at 10:42am: Did I mention my chair is dying? The charge is on empty and I have to wait for my HMO to approve repairs. Gee, I hope I'm not stuck in Chicago til whenever!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Oh dear...I wish I could hug you right now. I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. I so wish we lived closer so we could hang out...I would do everything I could to help you.
Hang in there, sweetie. I am praying hard for you!! *hugs*

Barb K said...

Mongolia???? What? Does she have any other family here she can recommend?

Mandy, praying that God has exactly the right people ready to become the exact right PA for you.

Gail said...

Oh Mandy, this is crazy. I am so sorry you have to go thru this. I wish I was back home. I dreamt about Diva. What a cutie. Mandy all I can do from here is pray. God always comes through. Are you home yet? 5:30pm Weds night. I love you. aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandy,
I am so sorry about your news. May God bring new amazing, loving people into your life in this, your hour of need. God will cover this, sweetie. He will bring the right people to you at the exact time you need them. You are in my prayers.
Doodles:)

Anonymous said...

Well that just sucks royal monkey butt! I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal. If I still lived closer, I would be more than happy to help out until you find a replacement. I do have faith that things will turn around for you soon!

Love and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh.... And do NOT blame yourself! You hear me? Or else! ;)